CANDLE CARE: BURN LONG & SAFE
- Burn your candle 3-4 hours at a time, especially the first time. This prevents your candle from tunneling, which may result in wax build up, a shorter overall burn and possibly even a drowned wick.
- Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim your wick to ¼ inch each time before lighting. If your flame is higher than 1 inch, producing soot, or has carbon build up on the end, it’s time for a trim.
- Never leave your candle unattended and keep away from flammable materials, children and pets.
- If the flame is too high or the candle too hot, extinguish the flame and let the candle cool before re-lighting.
- Dip your wick in the wax to extinguish the flame with less smoke and prime the wick for the next time you light.
- Discard the candle once when there is ¼ - ½ inch of wax left.
WHY SOY WAX?
Did you know that paraffin wax is derived from petroleum, a byproduct of gasoline production? When burned, paraffin releases 11 toxic chemicals including carcinogens such as benzene and toluene.
Unlike most candles, which are made with paraffin, we use 100% soy wax derived from U.S. grown and non-GMO soybeans for a clean, long lasting burn. Not only does soy wax burn longer than paraffin and coconut wax, it’s pure and won’t diffuse toxins.
Also, did we mention that paraffin wax produces much more black soot that stains curtains and walls?
HOW LONG WILL MY CANDLE LAST?
When properly cared for, your 8 oz soy candle should last about 50 hours. This is one reason we love soy as it burns roughly twice as long as a paraffin wax candle.
WHAT ARE SCENT NOTES?
Each candle fragrance contains a complex blend of top, middle and base notes. These are descriptors for the scents that can be discerned when smelling the candle.
- Top notes are the initial scents smelled when the candle is cold and first lit, but they evaporate first.
- Middle notes are the heart and soul of the fragrance and may take 10-20 minutes to fully develop, but when they do, they are prominent and full bodied.
- Base notes lay the foundation for a symphony of fragrance and linger the longest in the air, long after your flame has been extinguished.
ARE YOUR FRAGRANCES CLEAN?
Yes, we use clean, thoroughly tested, essential oil infused perfume oils that are used in skin safe cosmetics.They are Prop 65 compliant (legislation that applies to California only), and phthalate and paraben free. There are no cutting corners here, because your health and peace of mind is non-negotiable.
CAN I REUSE MY CONTAINER?
Yes! We value eco-friendly practices. To reuse your container simply place it in the freezer for a few hours and then remove the wax. If the wick is stubborn, a little nail polish remover will do the trick. Next, clean the container with your cleaning product of choice or wipe with rubbing alcohol. Your jar is now ready for use in your office, kitchen or garden.
DO YOU OFFER JAR REFILLS?
Not yet, but we are working to make this available locally.